Wednesday, June 26, 2013

"My Summer of Captivity"


Well, "Hannibal" is over for its season, and I haven't checked out NBC's
"Crossing Lines" just yet (great cast, but it all depends on execution--some
of that dialogue in the trailer sounded Ultra-Hokey!)

So, the best thing I've seen evidence of so far is last night's debut of
"Under the Dome," based on the Stephen King novel and executive
produced by Steven Spielberg and Brian K. Vaughan (with Neal Baer.)
It's a formidable team of talented vets who do what they do very well,
added to a great cast (I LOVE Aisha Hinds!) and a very intriguing concept!


I love sci-fi, I love mystery and suspense, and I am a huge
fan of character interaction and large cast ensembles...when done
well! Last night's premiers (of the 13 episode 'mini') was a delightful
little aperitif to whet the appetite!

Dissension amongst townsfolk, secrets and lies bubbling to the surface,
displaced lesbian couples, seizures of unknown origin, hot men, psychopaths,
a dozen deaths (and one murder!) and more sexual and violent tension than
you can shake a stick at!

If you were a fan of "Lost" or "Jericho," or a Stephen King fan...
if you enjoy "Revolution" or "The Killing"....
if you like shows that have diversity and characterization....
you'll probably enjoy "Under the Dome."
I'm looking forward to my new summer addiction!

***

No comments:

Post a Comment